What are the advantages of upgrading your skylight or roof window to a Velux?James Palmerston | June 19, 2019 | 0 | Home & Gardens
Velux is a Danish company that was founded in 1941 by a civil engineer named Villum Kann Rasmussen. It has since then proven its value in its field, so much that the name Velux has almost become a byword for skylights and roof windows. When people talk about Velux roof windows and skylights, they immediately associate it with good quality.
The company brought warmth and light into the cold rooms and attics across post-war Europe. While the company started with basic roof windows and skylights, constant improvements and updates on its products have resulted in a wide range of skylights, windows, sun tunnels, blinds, and other related products. Although Velux now operates in more than 40 countries, it still retains the core values it was initially built on which includes allowing fresh air and natural light into homes where they are installed.
Is there a difference between roof windows and skylights?
Homeowners who are considering getting some form of glass set into their roofline can get confused with the terminologies they may encounter while shopping around, especially with roof windows and skylights. Many use these terms interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between the two, especially in the modern building trades.
- Roof windows: Roof windows usually open with a pivoting awning-style mechanism, which may include window screening just like awning-style window set into side walls. Some manufacturers refer to this window type as a venting skylight.
- Skylights: These windows are fixed or set into the roofline and may come with some venting options. However, the windows themselves are fixed and do not open. They may be referred to as rooflites in Europe.
Some manufacturers do not distinguish between the two or have different names for them. So, make sure to clarify which is which before purchasing a roof window or skylight.
Advantages of Velux roof windows and skylights
Here are some reasons why it’s a good idea to update your roof window or skylight to a Velux.
- Velux windows allow more natural light in which helps brighten homes.
- Velux offers a wide range of skylight and roof window products. Take, for example, the Velux flat roof skylight which is designed to allow more fresh air and daylight into your flat roof home.
- Velux windows can be installed without having to do any significant changes to the structure of the roof.
- Velux is a trusted and proven brand which guarantees product quality all the time.
- Velux also produces blinds for skylights and roof windows, which means you can easily find blinds that perfectly fit your windows.
- Velux roof windows are also available with automatic and intelligent capabilities that can open and close accordingly based on the room temperature or if it detects rain.
Final thoughtsvelux roof windows
From creating the basic roof window and skylight, Velux has evolved over the years and is now offering more product innovations and varieties. It has managed to keep quality standards high without compromising the quality of its products at affordable prices. To get the best Velux skylights Melbourne has to offer, you need to purchase the products from authorised resellers like Skylights-Online.